Practical Pleat 5" Filter for 1" Return Grille - MERV 11 (2 Pack)
Free and Insured Shipping
4+ week lead time for sizes not in the list below (temporary shortage).
The following are in stock sizes:
Practical Pleat are 5" thick pleated filters designed to fit in your 1" return grille, with no modifications to the grille required! Remove your old filter and slide the Practical Pleat into place! Choose your size in the dropdown menu above.
The Practical Pleat has 433% more surface area and 28X increased filtering efficiency over typical return grille filters.
Low Pressure Drop
- The Practical Pleat's large surface area means low resistance to airflow, and low pressure drop when the fan motor starts and runs. This translates to less strain on your equipment.
- Initial Resistance .09 in W.G @ 1180 cfm's.
- Less strain on the fan motor and less energy usage.
Reduces Air Noise
- Freer flowing air reduces noise at the air intake.
Gasket Eliminates Filter Bypass
- Foam gasket provides a seal between the filter and return grille, preventing dust from bypassing the filter.
- Each Practical Pleat lasts up to 6 operating months.
MERV 11 Filtering Efficiency
- Removes smaller particles from the air than standard fiberglass and lower MERV rated filters that are typically found in return grilles.
Particle sizes filtered by the MERV 11 Practical Pleat:
0.3 to 1.0 Micron - 32% per cycle*
- airborne pathogens like smallpox virus, meningitis bacteria, tuberculosis bacteria, anthrax bacteria, bronchitis bacteria
1.0 to 3.0 Microns - 69% per cycle*
- larger airborne pathogens like bacillus anthracis, mycobacterium, airborne mold spores, fungi, etc
3.0 to 10.0 Microns - 87% per cycle*
- allergens like skin dust, bed bug feces, pollen, dust mites, animal dander, etc
* Independant Laboratory Test - ASHRAE 52.2
How to measure - Choose the same size Practical Pleat as your current filter. If you have a 20x20x1 filter, select the 20x20x5 Practical Pleat. Or measure the part of the grille to the outer dimensions where the door closes into.
More sizes are available, send us a message to have your size added.
We are a factory authorized distributor.
Standard sizes typically ship via UPS Ground within 3-4 business days, handling time may vary.
Practical Pleat standard sizes: